Monica & Kyrillos’s Traditional Orthodox Wedding in Miamisburg!

Rollers & Rouge, Cincinnati Wedding Makeup, Cincinnati Wedding Hair, Cincinnati Wedding Hair and Makeup, Cincinnati Airbrush Makeup Artist
Sandstone Films

Monica & Kyrillos got married at St. Mina & St. Abanoub Coptic Orthodox Church in Miamisburg, Ohio. “What’s a Coptic Church?” you ask? Great question! The Copts are the original Egyptians, and the word “Copt” itself is derived from the Greek word “Aegyptus” which means Egypt. While Muslim’s make about 90% of Egypt’s population, where the Copts are the remaining 10%.

A Coptic wedding ceremony lasts about 45 minutes and as in many other Christian ceremonies, there are prayers and readings from the Bible. During the ceremony, the couple wears crowns and special capes. Before putting them on the crowns are blessed. The crowning has been part of the Coptic century since the 4th century. The crowns and capes represent the bride and groom becoming the “newly adorned leaders of their household.”

Hair & Makeup by Melinda & Allie

Ceremony: St. Mina & St. Abanoub Orthodox Church

%d bloggers like this: